Handling and Storage of Microfilm Supplies
- Handle, expose and process under gold fluorescent lights.
- Normal room illumination is suitable for short periods.
- Open the package only when the film is ready to be used, and return the unused film to light-protective storage when duplicating equipment is shut down.
- Store unopened packages of the film for up to six months at 21°C (70°F) at 50% relative humidity or below. For longer storage,
- keep packages at the same humidity at 10°C (50°F) or lower.
- To avoid fogging and loss of density, avoid prolonged exposure to sources high in ultraviolet radiation, such as sunlight or white fluorescent light.
- To avoid pre-development, avoid exposure to high temperatures and ammonia fumes or other alkaline Contaminants.